At Sheer Smiles Pediatric Dentistry, we feel every child deserves quality treatment
Taking pictures of the teeth and supporting tissue with a small video camera about the size of a pen is a wonderful addition to dentistry today. The intra-oral camera creates digital images that can be stored on a computer at Sheer Smiles. The images are shared with our patients so they can join with us in the "co-diagnosis" of problems with their dental health. We can show you how others view your smile and which fillings are broken or discolored. We look forward to showing you a dental tour of your mouth in the privacy of your treatment room.
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words
It's an adage we prove true many times each day in our office with our intra-oral camera. Prior to the development of this technology, some of our patients found it challenging to understand concerns such as dental decay and periodontal disease. Now, we are able to display, pause, and zoom in during our video examination of the problem area so that you can see it for yourself - all in color and crystal clear.
Advantages of an Intra-Oral Camera
- An intra-oral camera enables us to make you more of an active partner in your dental treatment so that you can see what we see - an especially important benefit when we need to discuss additional treatments or to explain treatment options so that you can make informed decisions.
- Based on the above, we have found that our patients are more comfortable asking questions and are better able to understand a treatment option or oral hygiene concern.
- Because it gives you the real-world picture of your dental hygiene, the intra-oral camera is ideally suited to show you techniques for improving your oral health and hygiene habits.
- With its powerful magnification (much superior to the naked eye), it reveals the early stages of maladies such as gum disease and cavities.
- We can also refer back to these images with you to show you changes in your oral health and hygiene or how a multi-phase treatment is progressing.
- Furthermore, it can provide insurance companies with the proof they require to approve a needed treatment.
We would be happy to demonstrate the advantages of our intra-oral camera at your next visit to the dental office.